Home Text

Welcome to the Days for Girls, Georgia Chapter blog!
To keep up with the news of DFG International, please visit the main DFG website.
This blog is specifically to report on events and news in Georgia.

If you would like to contribute directly to the Georgia chapter, please contact:
melissa at daysforgirls dot org



Guatemala Needs

For my trip to Guatemala in just one month, I will be taking 25 girls' kits and 12 sewing kits. We need donations of new sewing scissors, thread, needles, seam rippers, and washable thin tip markers. A donation of several hand snap presses would be REALLY appreciated to be left at the Lutheran Center in Guatemala City and used when the women come in to sew, as well as the actual snaps! (See here) I will be teaching women how to sew the pads and liners by hand, and I also have a pattern that I made for underwear that I can share with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment