Home Text

Welcome to the Days for Girls, Georgia Chapter blog!
To keep up with the news of DFG International, please visit the main DFG website.
This blog is specifically to report on events and news in Georgia.

If you would like to contribute directly to the Georgia chapter, please contact:
melissa at daysforgirls dot org



Today's Lessons Learned

1. Don't wait till the last minute to ship a package. 'Cause you'll end up paying half your salary in postage.

Yeah. That's what I did today. I've been working on an order of 60 Days for Girls kits (I shipped 30 of them), and I just finished the last of the liners and packaged this morning. In my infinite wisdom, I was thinking, "I know the deadline is today, but SURELY the trip isn't until next week."  Uh... yeah... well... I was WRONG! The trip is tomorrow. So how much does 26 lbs from Georgia to Virginia cost with FedEx Overnight..... $196. Ouch! But the cashier was really nice and helpful and seemed very interested in DFG. Maybe I recruited a new volunteer.

2. Good things happen.

I got an email from my boss today asking if I had submitted an article about DFG Georgia to a local organization of Atlanta churches. I had not. But, lo and behold, their weekly newsletter said this:
Every Girl in the world deserves education, safety, and dignity is the motto of Days for Girls. A Days for Girls Chapter has been organized in Georgia, in Decatur. Find out about this organization at  http://www.daysforgirls.org/#!    And contact the Georgia Chapter at lmessiah@bellsouth.net
Good things also happen because within 5 minutes of shipping that invaluable package, I have three kind folks who agreed to help pay for it.

So here's the very first shipment of 30 kits from Days for Girls Georgia:
30 girls lives changed for the better! Way to go DFG Georgia! I'm so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment